Quackwatch Home Page
- Monthly Specials and Clearance
Each month, Quackwatch will mark down one or more of the books
its sells by 25% or more from list price.
- LYING FOR FUN AND PROFIT: THE TRUTH ABOUT THE MEDIA (2000)
- Kurt Butler reveals how talk shows and other media outlets
promote quackery without the slightest concern about whether
or not they harm their audience. He also describes his many efforts
to counter the problem. Softcover, 310 pages. $13.00 [List price
- THE HONEST HERBAL (1999)
- Fourth edition of this referenced analysis covers about 120
herbs and related substances, with each in a separate chapter.
By Varro E. Tyler, Ph.D., a leading expert on pharmacognosy.
Hardcover, 460 pages, $37.00 [List price $54.95]. Softcover $17
[List price $24.95)
- HERBS OF CHOICE (1999)
- Second edition of Tyler's guide to the therapeutic use of
herbs, arranged by problem. Paperback, 297 pages, $15.00 [List
- HERBS OF CHOICE (1994) [CLEARANCE]
- First edition of Tyler's guide
to the therapeutic use of herbs. Softcover, 225 pages, $9 (one
- POPULAR NUTRITION PRACTICES: A SCIENTIFIC APPRAISAL (1986)
- Outstanding referenced analysis of 100 topics of recent concern.
By Jack Yetiv, M.D., Ph.D. Softcover, 318 pages., $7.00. [List
price $12.95] [CLEARANCE]
How to Order Books
To above prices, please add $2.50 for first book + $1.00 for
each additional book for postage & handling. (Canadian orders
add $4.00 for the first + $2.00 for each additional book.) Other
countries add $5.00 for the first + $2.00 for each additional
book. Please enclose payment with order and include your email
address so we can contact you if there is a problem with your
order. Send orders to Quackwatch, P.O. Box 1747, Allentown, PA
18105. Pennsylvania residents should add 6% for sales tax. Canadian
& overseas checks must be in U.S. dollars. We cannot process
credit card orders.
We have several hundred surplus copies of offbeat publications
we accumulated as part of our research. Some are recent, while
others date back into the 1980s. They include
- Health-food industry publications: trade publications, consumer
magazines, and newsletters
- Chiropractic publications: newspapers, magazines, and journals
- Vitamin catalogs
- Various other items.
We don't consider them sources of reliable information for
consumers. However, they may be useful as examples of the misinformation
circulating in the marketplace. If you prefer one or more of the
above categories, please indicate that with your order. Otherwise
we will provide as varied a mixture as we can.
Quackwatch Home Page
- The price is 60¢ each plus $3 per order for postage
for orders in the United States (limit 20 per person). For Canadian orders, indicate what you want by e-mail and we will let you know the cost.